Products : Portable Fire Extinguishers
Martin’s Fire Safety Ltd. services all types of fire extinguishers either in shop or from our mobile service unit. Also, we supply a comprehensive inventory of ULC approved fire extinguishers including:
- ABC Dry Chemical
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Pressurized Wet Chemical (Class K)
- Clean Agents – Halotron & FE-36
- Purple K & BC Dry Chemical
- Pressurized Water
- ressurized FFFP Foam
The most common extinguishers used are:
- ABC Dry Chemical extinguishers are the most commonly used extinguisher. It is a multi-purpose extinguisher used on ordinary combustibles like wood, paper, cloth, trash and other ordinary materials (Class A Fires), flammable liquids and gases such as gasoline, oils, paint lacquer and tar (Class B Fires), and fires involving energized electrical equipment (Class C Fires).
- Carbon Dioxide is commonly used for BC fires such as in computer rooms, & areas with energized electrical equipment where no cleanup or damage to protected property is desired.
- Pressurized Wet Chemical (Class K) extinguishers are used to protect commercial cooking areas in restaurants & food preparation areas.
- Clean Agents – The two most commonly used clean agent extinguishers are Halotron and FE-36.
- Halotron is a clean agent that when discharged exaporates rapidly and leaves no residue. It extinguishes both Class A & B fires by cooling and smothering the fire and it does not conduct electricity back to the operator.
- FE-36 is clean, electrically nonconductive, environment friendly, extremely low in toxicity, and exceptionally effective
Some of the brands of extinguishers that we can supply include:
Back to Product Page